Flourish PHP Unframework
This is an archived copy of the forum for reference purposes

Fmailbox With Codeigniter

posted by bryce 8 years ago

Im using Revision 953 of Fmailbox and all is working great except a few things.

Im trying to return the word 'FALSE' if there is no connection to the imap or pop server

if (!$this->connection) {
   Return FALSE;
}

If i print_r(); the class from my codeigniter controller its blank so somewhere the word false is lost.

And one more erro that i came across when getting this great app to work with codeigniter was these two lines of code

if ($structure['type'] == 'text' && $structure['subtype'] == 'plain') {
	$info['text'] = $content;
	return $info;
}

if ($structure['type'] == 'text' && $structure['subtype'] == 'html') {
	$info['html'] = $content;
	return $info;
}

Now this code is located under

// Attachments or inline content
if ($has_disposition) {

Now $content was blank and all my messages showed up as blank so I had to move it above this

// This indicates a content-id which is used for multipart/related
if ($structure['content_id']) {

So some where things are getting lost I did run error reporting but came up with nothing.

Any help or advice will be appreciated.

My recommendation would be to use a completely unaltered version of fMailbox to see if you can properly retrieve messages. If everything works with that, then your modifications are causing the issue. If not, you can file a ticket and I can fix fMailbox.

posted by wbond 8 years ago

Im using a standard version the only change I made was function construct I changed it back to an earlier version so when I call the function I can use and array fMailbox construct($config)

I also added fUTF8 class under Fmailbox on the same page.

posted by anonymous 8 years ago

And yes i do retrieve messages all that is working great. Just returning data is the problem.

Should i create a ticket for this?

posted by bryce 8 years ago

If you can email the original message source, including headers, to mailto:will@flourishlib.com, I will check it out and fix any bugs.

posted by wbond 8 years ago