Flourish PHP Unframework
This is an archived copy of the forum for reference purposes

$db->query is not working

posted by mohammad 8 years ago

its my code below... <?php include_once("./inc/init.php");

$gamesResult = $db->query("SELECT game_id,game_name,game_url,game_image FROM games where active_status ='0' order by game_id DESC limit 0 ,15"); echo "xdqws";

and many html.... ?> please tell me its not giving any out and any error on screen while a lot of html on this page.. pleasse tell me

You probably need to turn up error reporting and tell PHP to display errors:

error_reporting(E_ALL | E_STRICT);
ini_set('display_errors', 1);
posted by wbond 8 years ago

great help very very thanx

now its giving one error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysqli_set_charset() in /hsphere/local/home/newhind/testing.newhind.com/newdesign/inc/flourish/fDatabase.php on line 583

posted by anonymous 8 years ago

That implies you are using a VERY old version of PHP. According to http://us.php.net/mysqli_set_charset, mysqli_set_charset() was added in v5.0.5. Unfortunately there are many parts of Flourish that require PHP 5.1.2 or newer.

You are going to want to upgrade PHP anyway since there are quite a number of security vulnerabilities in older versions, and 5.0 is no longer supported. Personally, I would recommend trying to get 5.3.x installed if you can.

I am using PHP Version 5.2.5. so mysqli_set_charset() sholud be present there.

you can check my version by given below url http://testing.newhind.com/newdesign/test.php

posted by mohammad shakeel 8 years ago

Ok, from further investigation, not only do you need to have a specific version of PHP, but MySQL must be of a specific version. It looks like you need MySQL 4.1.11 or newer, whereas you have 4.1.7.

I'll update fDatabase to only call that function if it exists.

please update fdatabase class for call the function if exists........i still waiting for your response .... i will be thnkfull to u

I made a changes in fdatabase class --- please check is it right ...

if ($this->connection && !mysqli_set_charset($this->connection, 'utf8')) { throw new fConnectivityException( 'There was an error setting the database connection to use UTF-8' ); } should be if ($this->connection && function_exists('mysqli_set_charset') && !mysqli_set_charset($this->connection, 'utf8')) { throw new fConnectivityException( 'There was an error setting the database connection to use UTF-8' ); }

finally i resolved my problem myself ... thank you for your cooperation....

posted by shakeel 8 years ago

I've also included the fix in r975