Flourish PHP Unframework
This is an archived copy of the forum for reference purposes

Spatial extensions POINT in table making fActiveRecord choke

posted by aargh 8 years ago

So I added a POINT type to my table and now fActiveRecord chokes on it. I crashes and spits out an error showing that it's making a malformed MySQL query out of it because it doesn't know how to deal with the POINT type when you perform a store() on the object.

Is there a solution for this?

I suspect flourishlib is dead, so I probably won't get a response--time to find a new framework.

If you check out the Project page you'll see Flourish is far from dead. I don't know what your needs are for a framework, so I can't really give you a recommendation about whether Flourish or some other library or framework may be the best fit.

In terms of the errors you are having with the POINT data type, please open a ticket and be sure to include your CREATE TABLE statement, example PHP code that is causing the error, and the error message with backtrace.

You can use fCore::enableErrorHandling() and fCore::enableExceptionHandling() to get error messages with full a full backtrace. Alternatively, PHP should give a backtrace if an exception is uncaught. If you are catching the exception, you can call the method getTraceAsString().

posted by wbond 8 years ago

Cool, it just seemed from the activity on the forums that nobody really uses it.

But I *LOVE* it. It honestly is the best fit for me--I'm just worried about it vaporizing into a cloud of obscurity. (Believe me, I tried EVERY framework out and this was my favorite)

Anyway I'll open a ticket with the backtrace output I got for the error. But basically when you call store() on an object that has a POINT type for a column, it ends up freaking out with a mal-formed MySQL query (presumably because it doesn't know how to handle the POINT syntax somehow)

posted by aargh 8 years ago