Flourish PHP Unframework
This is an archived copy of the forum for reference purposes

Moving site from localhost to my server -- getting blank screens

posted by anonymous 9 years ago

So I took the hiking sample and converted it to my own site using XAMPP on the Mac. When I upload the site to my server, I get a blank screen. I was messing around and found out that in index.php (untouched from the example aside from the $meetups variable), $type is null. fRequest::get is returning nothing. So it never included /views/index.php

To test it--I commented out the check if ('html' == $type)... to get it to always include index.php. When I do that, the site comes up. But the login link doesn't work.

Is there something I'm missing? Some dependency I don't know about that's in XAMPP but may not be included in my Debian Etch server? There is seemingly no way to diagnose this, I'm getting no errors or exceptions from fRequest::get

Replying to myself here. (I didn't have an account yet)

I think it's a problem with .htaccess. It's the same one I have on my localhost, it's in the same folder. But it seems like it's not being read (since type='html') is one of the rewrite conditions.

Can anyone tell me what I should be looking for in, say, my Apache config on the remote server that would prevent this htaccess file from being used properly? Is there a way to test this?

posted by flarb 9 years ago

Fixed it!

Took me forever to figure out how to set up mod_rewrite. But now it works perfectly. Cool!

posted by flarb 9 years ago