Flourish PHP Unframework
This is an archived copy of the forum for reference purposes

fUTF8::upper() "dots" uppercase i's?

posted by peranme 9 years ago

Hi!

Maybe I'm doing something weird here, but when I pass a string containing lower-case "i" letters, it outputs upper-case "I" letters, but with a dot above. The PHP file is saved as UTF-8, and other international letters upper-case correctly.

Am I missing a setting or something?

Per.

Change a font in CSS

posted by anonymous 9 years ago

That was needlessly wordy, and didn't really give me a clue, but sure.

I did a little bit of fast testing, but in my test, it works, just not in the actual page I need it on... but something just dawned on me. It *could* be that the CSS text-transform is part of the problem. Altho that sounds really weird. Will do more testing, just wanted to post to see if I had been missing something not-altogether-obvious with regards to fUTF8 and/or the upper() method.

Per.

Latin alphabet capitalization rules have an exception in the Turkish language. This exception has been the bane of many programs. There is no universal fix and has to be dealt by case-by-case basis.

Latin alphabet capitalization rules have an exception in the Turkish language. This exception has been the bane of many programs. There is no universal fix and has to be dealt by case-by-case basis.

Interesting, but I'm in Sweden, and everything in my app is set to UTF8.

This should be fixed in r923

posted by wbond 9 years ago

This should be fixed in r923

Ah, excellent, then I'll be sure to take the time to upgrade my testserver to r923.

Thanks so much for your help in particular, and Flourish in general, it's making my life a lot easier!

Per.