Flourish PHP Unframework
This is an archived copy of the forum for reference purposes

Gmail username/pass word wrong when absolutely right.

posted by hsl 9 years ago

Hello,

I'm using FMailbox in my project, and in my local development environment (macosx) it works great, the project can open the mailbox and do something with the mail. On my production server it keeps giving me: "The username and password provided were not accepted for the IMAP server imap.gmail.com on port 993".

The username & password are absolutely correct (due svn they are 100% the same)

Does anyone have a clue what could be wrong? My server has an ubuntu install with php 5.2.4 ( http://thomasschippers.nl/home/info )

Thanks!

Harold

I will check on my Ubuntu machine in the morning to see if I have any issues. What version of fMailbox are you running?

Have you turned on debugging to see what commands are being sent and what responses are received? Can you post some of the exchange, minus your username and password?

posted by wbond 9 years ago

I was able to successfully connect to gmail on my Ubuntu 8.04 box with PHP 5.2.4. It does require openssl and a secure connection, however it appears the PHP openssl extension is installed by default.

To diagnose this further, I'll need that debugging output from your connection attempt.

I would love to give you the data, but if I do a var_dump it's completely empty,..

Do you have a small test setup that I can test?

I'm not sure what you are trying to do a var_dump() of. If you call $mailbox->enableDebugging(TRUE) all of the IMAP commands and responses will be echoed.

What is your error_reporting() level set at on the Ubuntu machine?

It's on ALL,..

So you still aren't getting any output with ->enableDebugging(TRUE)?

Are you using the stock fMailbox, or the one that steelaz ported to CI?