Flourish PHP Unframework
This is an archived copy of the forum for reference purposes

form

posted by mungiu 9 years ago

Can you tell me what form generator do u use, or if you have in mind to build something like this in flourish?

I actually don't use a form builder. I don't have any intention of building one into Flourish because there are so many different ways to mark up a form.

At work I have written a scaffolding system that generates full PHP and HTML pages based on a database schema. Perhaps some day I'll have time to turn the core of that into a library for other people to write their own scaffolders.

posted by wbond 9 years ago

While I agree that Forms generation is a highly subjective issue in the world of web development, I still think it's a missing piece in flourish that would really help it become a more versatile "toolbox" since forms generation and forms handling is a) tightly coupled, and b) something most web developers have to do -- all the time, in "every" application. Just my 1.5 cents ;)

posted by joho 9 years ago

I do understand how useful a form library is, I just know that by providing such functionality, I would actually be shortening the lifespan of Flourish since trends in form markup vary so much, and change pretty quickly too. By instead focusing on more of the low-level aspects that don't change so frequently, I am hoping that Flourish stays useful for a longer time.

posted by wbond 9 years ago