Flourish PHP Unframework
This is an archived copy of the forum for reference purposes

fActiveRecord->set..

posted by frank 10 years ago

Hello,

I'm having troubles with the set functionality of the fActiveRecord. In our MySQL database is a table which contains a column region1 So I try to set the column:

$member->setRegion1("something");
// exception : The column specified, region_1, does not exist

But it now misses the column region_1 which is ofcourse not available because it's called region1. So how can I set the column region1 without altering the column name to region_1 in the database?

With kind regards,

Frank

The method that will do this for you is fGrammar::addCamelUnderscoreRule(). You could add this method call to the configure() method for your fActiveRecord class.

protected function configure()
{
    fGrammar::addCamelUnderscoreRule('Region1', 'region1');
}

This will have the side effect of causing any instance of Region1 becoming region1 in any code that uses fGrammar::underscorize(). I'm guessing that won't really be an issue though.

posted by wbond 10 years ago

Thanx, that solved the problem, but is it now a problem if another table uses the same field names? So for this database table it should become region1 instead of region_1 also.. right? Sorry if this is a beginners mistake, but it just won't seems to work.

Uncaught Exception
------------------
..\\register.php(68): Dat_geo_nl->GetRegion_1()
[internal function]: fActiveRecord->__call('GetRegion_1', Array)
..\\inc\\flourish\\fActiveRecord.php(239): fORM::getActiveRecordMethod(Object(Dat_geo_nl),'GetRegion_1')
..\\inc\\flourish\\fORM.php(346): fORM::parseMethod('GetRegion_1')
Invalid method, GetRegion_1(), called

with kind regards,

Frank

The issue here is that you have capitalized Get. Try calling getRegion1() instead.

With the fGrammar change, getRegion1() will look for a column named region1 for any table. If you have a table with region_1 you might need to type getRegion_1(), however I don't know for sure if that will work.

posted by wbond 10 years ago

Thanx this is correct,

After hours behind the computer screen i overlooked this typo. By the way this library is awesome, i'm using it for a dating site, when it's finished i will sent you the link!!

By the way is there a way to use regualar expressions in the fValidation class?

Frank

This solution should be included somewhere in the documentation around http://flourishlib.com/docs/fORM#ColumnandRecordNames. I was going nutz trying to figure this out and had to click on each thread hoping to find a solution.

posted by gabrielu 9 years ago

Thanks for the note. I've added links to the fORM, OrmConventions and fActiveRecord pages about this.

posted by wbond 9 years ago