Flourish PHP Unframework
This is an archived copy of the forum for reference purposes

fMailbox doesn't work on other hosting

posted by dorogoff 7 years ago

Hi, I have a problem, could anyone help me? I try to get a list messages via pop3 without SSL. And from my localhost and other hosting provider my sript works, but from other hosting I get this error after 10-15 sec after start:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'fConnectivityException' with message 'There was an error connecting to the server' in /home/docs/libs/flourish/fMailbox.php:973

Stack trace:

1. 0 /home/docs/libs/flourish/fMailbox.php(1199): fMailbox->connect()
  2. 1 /home/docs/getmail.php(43): fMailbox->listMessages(2)
  3. 2 {main} thrown in /home/docs/libs/flourish/fMailbox.php on line 973

Do you have any ideas how to fix this?

Do you have shell access on your host? My first guess is that they are blocking your outbound request. Can you SSH into your server and try pinging your mail server?

posted by titus 7 years ago

Thank you! I ask hoster about this problem, and they sad that on this hosting only 21 and 80 port available.

My guess is you're out of luck with that host. 21 is usually used for FTP, and 80 for web traffic. In my limited experience POP uses 110 and IMAP 993, usually.

posted by titus 7 years ago

Yes, I know, and I solved this problem via crossdomain scripting. Handle email on the other hosting, and via curl send "get" requests to this troubled hosting. Thanks!

and also fEmail doesnt work $email->setHTMLBody('<p>This it the HTML version of the body</p>');

posted by isn 7 years ago