Flourish PHP Unframework
This is an archived copy of the forum for reference purposes

Proposing fXML documentation additions

posted by yassen 8 years ago

First of all, Will, thank you and all contributors for a great php library! I discovered it recently and the more I use it, the more I appreciate it!

Having said that, I also had some difficulties using the fXML class, especially traversing it using xpath. My particular problem was that I did not consider the declared XML namespace. This is entirely my fault, of course, but I think users will benefit from a slight extension of the fXML documentation. I suggest putting together a full example where the XML document has a namespace and the example reflects that.

Let me know if that sounds reasonable and if so, I'll find some time to write and post back here the addition I propose.

Let me know, thanks! Yassen

Yes, you are completely correct that fXML could basically use a primer in XPath on the documentation page. Preferably some examples both with and without namespaces. If this is something you would like to contribute, I'd be happy to accept additions to it. The only thing to note is that I ask contributors to Flourish to sign a CLA (ContributorLicenseAgreements) to ensure there is no question about the copyright and license of Flourish and its documentation.

posted by wbond 8 years ago

Thank you for the reply, Will. Absolutely no problem about signing CLA; the only question is how to handle that physically. Do I need to send a paper via snail mail, or ... ?

I will post here a couple of examples; your editions are more than welcome; feel free to correct anything as you wish. (My only goal is to save the day of other moderately XML-ignorant users of the library.)

posted by yassen 8 years ago