Flourish PHP Unframework
This is an archived copy of the forum for reference purposes

What generates the Flourish documentation?

posted by audvare 8 years ago

It's clearly not Doxygen or phpDoc (unless with a ton of modifications). I'd like to make a nice set of documentation like this with my code which is all commented correctly (for use with phpDoc/Doxygen).

I think the last time I asked Will he mentioned PHPDoc with a bunch of custom stuff -- not sure if this has changed, but I will let him answer for clarifications.

posted by mattsah 8 years ago

To get what I wanted I started using some !PhpDocumenter with customized smarty templates. Later I added some PHP and regular expressions to post-process the output of !PhpDocumenter. I ran into a few things and ended up having to modify !PhpDocumenter to output more information, or in a different way. The order in which I approached the problem directly reflects how much a pain it is to accomplish.

Unfortunately I personally have found the !PhpDocumenter code-base is huge, is written for PHP 4 and, ironically, is not documented that well. I know there is an effort with http://www.docblox-project.org/ to make a modern PHP docblock parser. Unfortunately it only runs on PHP 5.2, so I won't be able to use it for the foreseeable future since this server is stuck on 5.1.6 due to CentOS/Plesk.

I wish the Flourish doc generation was something simpler. I also wish the site was a simple configuration of Trac (or even mtrack now that it exists). Some decade when I have a ridiculous amount of free time I will port everything over to newer and better systems.

posted by wbond 8 years ago