Flourish PHP Unframework
This is an archived copy of the forum for reference purposes

anyone have a user management system?

posted by anonymous 8 years ago

Does anyone have pre-rolled user management system using flourish?

I'd like to give it a shot for my next project... But coming from a codeigniter background, I'm used to using either tank_auth or ion_auth to give me access to the following functions:

tia.

Well, the downside to using Flourish is that is tends to be lower-level than most frameworks, so systems/plugins with this extensive an amount of functionality are less common. The kind of functionality you are talking about would need to know about:

• The routing system and URLs
  • Email parameters and templates
  • Database schema
  • Session configuration

There are some frameworks people are building on top of Flourish, but I can't say I know if any of them provide such functionality. You can see a partial list over at Discussion: MVC incorporating flourish.

At my company this sort of stuff is handled by our own ever-evolving "framework" that is built on top of Flourish. We have a scaffolder system that we evolve over time to spit out boilerplate code that is then customized to the exact requirements of the project.

posted by wbond 8 years ago

We woul love to see that framework :P

Unfortunately it relies pretty heavily on our standard server environment, administrative UI and other stuff so it would take quite a bit of work to pick apart and be useful for others.

We build on top of Flourish along with Moor or Anchor for routing. We also use libraries like TinyMCE, HTML Purifier, Uploadify and jQuery, to name a few. We have a handful of jQuery plugins we've written, but many of them rely on the HTML conventions we use for our administrative sections.

We have open-sourced a couple of classes, and I am hoping to get some more stuff up on our github repository in the future.

posted by wbond 8 years ago

Flourish its so cool anyway.

Thanks for the links! Moor looks awesome, and HTML Purifier is going to solve a problem for me next week in a big way.

posted by titus 8 years ago